Patient Info / Forms
Physical therapy is an ideal option for people who are living with chronic pain. At Chesterton Physical Therapy, we are committed to assisting our patients in determining the root cause of their pain and developing customized treatment plans that will allow them to live full and healthy lives again.
We’re here at our Sand Creek physical therapy clinic to help you get back to living your life without nagging pain.
To make an appointment or learn more about our services, just contact us today or click here to request an appointment.
What should I know about my first physical therapy appointment?
- Upon your arrival at our office, you will register at our front office. They will help you with the insurance and treatment process so that you can focus on having the best recovery possible.
- Next, our physical therapist will meet you for your initial assessment. They will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury during your assessment. Try to be as honest as you can; open communication helps us to understand your problem better!
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be assessed during your appointment. Our goal is to help you, so please make sure that you communicate with our therapist if anything hurts or bothers you during the examination!
- Our physical therapist will recommend and prepare a customized course of treatment to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Some treatments will be performed on the first day to get you started on the road to recovery. However, you will get to the full swing of your treatment plan during the next visit.
- After your therapist has finished, you will schedule a series of visits at the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be dependent upon the advice of your therapist, and will also be discussed with you at your first visit.
- Your therapist will write their findings and plan for treatment to be submitted to your referring physician or any other medical professional you choose.
We offer a lot of convenient appointment times, but prime times can be busy, so it’s best to book ahead as much as possible.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure you are satisfied and have a complete recovery.
How can I prepare for my first appointment?
- It’s a good idea to make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List out signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist. What has been hurting or bothering you? For how long?
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Please contact us to verify your insurance benefits beforehand.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID with you.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
Looking to save time? Fill out your new patient forms below!
If you want to save time on your first visit, please print the patient forms below, fill them out, and bring them with you to your appointment.
Registration forms for website
Patient Registration Medical History-2020a
CARE Picture Form
Don’t have time to print it ahead of time? Not a problem!
Allow extra time before your appointment to complete the forms in our clinic.
We’re here at Chesterton Physical Therapy to help you make the most of your visit, whatever that may mean to you – contact us today!